On My Way

On My Way
To Turkey, To Turkey, to buy a fat pig

Sunday, July 25, 2010

the beautiful

sentinel it stands. hovering oer the earth. steady orbit. comforting and graceful.

the moon has lifted me this week. First was after a long day when it's hazy semi-circle seemed to say: "Welcome home, Allie. I know it's been a long day, but I'm still here and life is good. You can relax."

Friday, at almost 2 am, as I stuttered out of the cannon center, a wannish, nearly full moon seemed to whisper approvingly "Good work, you did it.."

Last night in a stadium full of rioting soccer fans and fireworks, my eye could nowhere match the transcendent beauty of the full moon. Luminescent orb. steady. sure. divine.

in a dark, swallowing universe that overcomes us for half of every day, the moon remains. Reflecting the sun. Reminding us that no matter how engulfing the world may seem, the source of light is never gone. and life all around us reflects that light-- sometimes in slivers, or half filled spheres, and sometimes in radiant, glowing fullness.

--Allie Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment